Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Seattle's Painted Traffic Control Boxes 34

Photo by:  Cherri
This is the last of the traffic control boxes painted by Todd Lown and Jesse Brown that I have found.  This box is also funded by the Department of Neighborhoods and supported by the Broadway Business Improvement Assoc.
It is sponsored in part by the Capital Hill Chamber.

I have this marked as located across from Seattle Central Community College Bookstore on Broadway, just south of Denny.  There is a signal there for pedestrians in the middle of the block because it is in the middle of the college campus.  Just to verify that I have this placed correctly, I went to google maps to look at a street view of this location.  The painted traffic control box at that location seems to have a heart painted on it.  So, I traveled along the road in the maps program to Denny and found that the traffic box there is not the one I have listed on this blog either!

My belief is that they have been repainted, but I will have to take a drive up there and check it out for you.  I also will take a drive along 4th street to see if I can find the box I saw with airplanes painted on it south of the stadiums. Hopefully, this will happen next week.  

One last editorial comment:  It infuriates me that someone is so disrespectful of the artist that he would tag this piece of interesting and outstanding street art with his own graffiti gibberish.  Shame on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment