Friday, November 2, 2012

Seattle's Painted Traffic Control Boxes Maps


Here are the maps of the locations of Seattle's Painted Traffic Control Boxes.  The first one is of the West Edge Neighborhood.  Todd Lown stated on his blog that he had painted 26 of them.  

I will have 26 boxes that Todd either painted or designed and painted, along with Jesse Brown, but I have to include 3 in the Sodo neighborhood also.  However, I apparently missed photographing Todd's  box at 1st and Pine.  Counting that one, I will have all 26 of Todd's, plus one painted by A. Swanson, in front of McDonald's on 4th and Stacy in the Sodo neighborhood.

I will post a photo of the last one, number 27 at 1st and Pine later tonight.  Bruce told me he would drive me over to this location and let me hop out while he drives around the block, traffic permitting.  

I think this is all the painted boxes, but if I discover more, I will get them posted as well.  The department of transportation's website did have a reference to an application to paint these boxes and there may be more by other artists.

West Edge Neighborhood


Sodo Neighborhood

I will post the information I have on Todd Lown and Jesse Brown tonight.  If anyone out there can contribute to our knowledge, please feel free to comment.  I will also attempt to contact these artists, however their blogs and the website I found that referenced them all appear to be dormant and I have no email addresses.  Perhaps someone will see this blog at some time and inform them of our interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment